Thursday, December 13, 2012

Speed drawing

So I have been trying to do everything faster: typing, reading, writing.  I have to write content to ensure that I have an income as I also work on my graphic novel.  I have commented before on trying to learn how to draw faster.  Well, I did a little research of my own and found this cool video on Youtube that shows a comic artist creating a page by hand in four hours.  I thought that this was pretty interesting.  I always wonder how many pages I should be finishing a week.  Right now I am on hiatus from page creation due to the fact that I will be moving over the New Year's holiday but I know that when we are in 2013 I will have to get back on the horse and krank out some mean graphics.

I use Comic Life software so I don't have to draw panels from scratch or speech bubbles.  The Youtube video just shows penciling and inking not coloring.  I wonder how long this person takes to color their pages.    I think I want to create a page a day (workday that is) come January.  I know that I will have to work eight hour days doing something else but I think that I really could manage maybe five pages a week.  What do you think?  I think coloring is going to have the final say in the matter.  Here is the link to the video I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJvewrWJcac

No comments:

Post a Comment