Friday, March 22, 2013

A Small Success

Hello all!  I just wanted to take some time to blog a little about my small success with freelance editing.  I worked pretty hard this week to meet my basic quota and did so in three days.  I know, I'm awesome.  :P  Now I've received an email inviting to me to be a part of a team of editors with a higher weekly goal. The incentive is a $60 bonus for the editor with the most edits (and $40 for second place and $30 for third).  Typically, editors have the chance to get a weekly $50 bonus if they complete a certain amount of edits.  This new bonus will be in addition to the regular weekly bonus.  So now I have the potential to get up to a $110 bonus if I get first place.

Now, I know this doesn't sound like much to you fancy CEOs who get six and seven figure bonuses, but I'm just a normal have-not.  Us poor girls gotta work for what we can get (that is until I make it big with my graphic novel, Penn State Massacre).  I'm motivated to do the work, but right now is a tough time of the month to put in extra hours.  It's shark week, if you know what I mean (and I know the women will).  But I think I'm going to use some home remedies, suck it up and try and kick ass as best as I can.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey great blog i hope you keep posting :) one day I want to be a professional writer so it`s nice reading about your experiences.

    Im gonna go check out Penn State Massacre now :) Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete